Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: HOW DO WE STOP THEFT?

richnovak opened this issue on Jul 23, 2003 ยท 30 posts

elizabyte posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 11:30 AM

I can think of three ways to get around no-right-click scripts using Internet Explorer. None of them take any special expertise, and there are probably more ways (I just thought of three right off the top of my head). The script only discourages the clueless or those who are really technically unsavvy. I have never, ever seen one of those "disable right click" scripts that works in Opera, and half of them don't work in Netscape. So there's another option, just use a different browser (and Opera is free, as is Netscape). In other words, there is NO way to keep people from getting anything they want to get. It is currently technically impossible. A visible watermark that is well worked into the picture is your best bet. Thieves generally go for stuff they can easily alter by cropping, cloning out the signature, or cutting out the background. If you use a visible watermark with that in mind, you can at lesat discourage the improper use of your images. You can't prevent people from taking them, though, and quite frankly, there's nothing illegal in keeping a copy for private and personal use (i.e., not redistributed or used in any way other than strictly privately). bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis