Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making clothes?

Gelana opened this issue on Jul 23, 2003 ยท 5 posts

pdxjims posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 10:57 PM

There are lots of programs for modeling clothing, then you have to bone them for posing. I use Amapi for modeling (free version). There's also Truespace, Rhino, Anim8or, Wings, and others. Anything that can create a Poser compatable file will do. Each one has it's quirks and learning curve. I'd start with one of the free ones. Old versions of Amapi and Truespace are available for download. Anim8or and Wings are also free. The people in those forums are very helpful with modeling questions. Try a couple of different ones. It seems that some people do better with the interface of one program over another. I love Amapi, but Wings drove me crazy. The Wings users swear by it. The best tutorial is available from PhilC on a CD. He gives simple instructions and easy to follow steps to get you started. Phil uses Truespace, but his intructions are clear enough and easy enough to understand to apply to any modeling program you choose. You'll also want to get UV Mapper. There's an excellent free version, and an even better for sale version. It really helps grouping parts and building templates for textureing and boning. Hope this helps, and welcome to the madhouse. Modeling clothing gets VERY addictive (see all my silly freestuff and posts here)!