Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: copywrite infringment

blau opened this issue on Jul 03, 2000 ยท 10 posts

casamerica posted Tue, 04 July 2000 at 4:01 AM

1. Zygote encourages people to make, sell or giveaway textures for their products. In fact, it may be one reason most of their textures tend to be rather lousy. It helps them, it helps the artists, it helps image creators, it helps the world! (Sorry, got carried away a bit there.) 2. Making these textures is NOT a piece of cake. To do it right and to do it well requires effort, patience, time and not a small amount of talent. 3. I guess the bottom line is simple, if I or anyone else sees something they do not believe should be charged for, then do not buy it. 4. There is Internet access in Cuba. I have receive email and do business via the Internet with people in Cuba, Hong Kong and even the Chinese mainland (Beijing, Shaghai). So, it is there, but, heavily regulated and censored. (I should say massive attempts at censorship are made.) 5.One reason everyone is so poor in Cuba is the inhumane, hypocrisy-laden embargo placed against it by the United States. Free trade with China, the people who brought us Tiananmen Square and massacred American troops in Korea, but starve Cuba into submission? What is wrong with this picture? (Okay, now hiding UNDER my soapbox to dodge the objects -- 3d of course -- now flying toward me.)