Forum: Bryce

Subject: rendering time for large picturesin Bryce 4

Brasseur opened this issue on Jul 02, 2000 ยท 8 posts

Ironbear posted Tue, 04 July 2000 at 11:51 AM

Yes, bryce files can get fairly large. I'm looking at my vault and noticing that my "Temple of the Lovers" file is 60mb and "Vampires in the Mist" is 35.5mb. It is worth it though. One thing that I have noticed is that on my machine, when I'm dealing with high ambience .mats or lots of transparence/reflection, imported meshes seem to render faster that bryce primitives. Don't know why, that's not what the tutorials tell me should happen. One way to speed up and cut file size is to: a) work w/o textures untill you get final positioning, b) one every thing is where you want it, eliminate the details that cant be seen. Then texture and render. With groups, work in solo mode as much as possible. Also, group complex objects: the raytracer calcs wether it hits the group, then the sub group, then the object. Wherever you can, use image textures. They don't necessarily cut down render time, but they're smaller than geometry. Hope this helps...

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"