Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: HELP REQUESTED -- figure scaling

RnRWoman opened this issue on Jul 25, 2003 ยท 47 posts

Bill B posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 11:22 AM

Hey all, Let me jump in on this convo if anyone would have any additional input. Im really glad I logged on today to catch this. I use poser in my work as a toy sculptor. Scale is a real concern for me in that the figures them selfs get milled on a CNC machine making the figure a real world object. I usually do my poser work and then take the fig in Light Wave or Rhino to scale and check my measurements ( Well take a look at the Mike war lord figure pic ) So my question is since I am a toy maker all my poser figure work is done at a very small scale usually under 8 inches and 6 tall being about the average. So based on this info is this the case. I down loaded the caliper to try it. 1% unit in Poser = 1 Inch in the real world ( Right ) lets take it a step farther. In all my toy work I methodically measure everything in the computer and out and my tolerances are usually about .030. I need to be that accurate. I need to break it down into 100 thousands of an inch. Is that possible just by simple math. If I want a 6 inch poser figure would that be? 6.5% poser units ????????? to = 6.500 I just tried this if that is the case that really helps me a lot in my work. BUT the cameras go wacky when scaling the fig so small. Is there any way to break up the measurement units into 100 Thousands of an inch so I would be able to measure down to that degree of accuracy? For example if I need a figure that is 6.850 or 8.237 etc. I doubt it?? Any more info would really help thanks Bill B