Forum: Writers

Subject: play-writing software?

tien_avielle opened this issue on Jul 31, 2003 ยท 15 posts

tien_avielle posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 4:52 PM

Thanks for the input, Dialyn... I don't even own a word-processing program (except for the very old version that came with my pc - useless.) I was hoping for something that would let me just click a button to say that this paragraph is stage instructions, this one the narrator, actor A or B, etc... and also, to have two windows open - one for the rough draft, and one for the polished version side by side. I was just supposing that such programs exist - no real info. The reason for wanting to do this novel (wip) as a play is because I lack the skills necessary to pull it off as a novel! It is definitely in the catagory of "weird," with little actual dialogue and much of the monologue just "thoughts." i.e. I could more easily do this as a comic strip with word balloons and thought balloons and scene blocks. Lol - that just might be my best option, now that I think of it! (Just kidding, I think.) Anyway, I could envision it as a two person play. As I reread my first 5-6 pages, I became confused as to how best to differentiate the speakers. (Main character flips repeatedly into mental monolog/dialog with self, even during two person conversations.) Sigh...perhaps I'll just finish typing up what I have as is, and hand it off to others for input. TY, ~Tien