Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Single sided polygons get burned...

nerd opened this issue on Jul 11, 2003 ยท 54 posts

Devon posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 5:17 PM

The above posts and solutions seems fine for certain situations....BUT I don't think it's a TOTAL solution. I've been having similar problems for months using building props and characters which use to render fine in Poser 4 but no longer in Poser 5. If you look at the image below you can see defects in the original building. And where the defect is it's on the same plane (Material section). If I try to render using the above methods all it does is change everthing. You still see the defective area. I have contacted Sams 3D (it's there original Haunter House)about this and there web site led me to this post. I've been told (from another source)that it appears to be broken verticies in the original model which to me is a defect in the original. Am I right or not? If this is the case then the original model (MESH) needs to be re-made if it is to be used correctly in Poser 5. The problem we are all seeing now is that Poser 4 did not see these defects and rendered them fine. Poser 5 sees them and this is the result. I've also encountered this problem with Andix 3D Modelz. Funny thing is I never see this with Travelers or Transponds (Runtime DNA)work nor do I see it in Marforno's (MnD Productions). This tells me that the ways those others mrechants are creating there original meshes for Poser 5 are doing it correctly FOR POSER. But the others are using a method that is not totally correct for the texture shading models needed for Poser 5. Can Curious Labs fix this? Is it a bug in Poser 5? I'm starting to have my doubts. There seems to be more than one problem here yet we are complaining about similar problems that Poser 5 is now seeing. I've been on this for over 6 months and still can't get a difinitive answer other than the broken verticies in the original model. I even contacted Curious Labs about this with no response.