Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: insufficient disk space to render at the current resolution

MoonRose opened this issue on Aug 04, 2003 ยท 15 posts

elizabyte posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 2:34 AM

Curious Labs has a "workaround" for this problem posted on their site: http://www.curiouslabs.com/article/archive/239/?nf=1#anc826 After some intense investigation we believe we have a work around. It turns out that Windows NT 4, 2000 and Windows XP must be using some space for the pagefile.sys file on the same partition that Poser is installed, to render large images. The pagefile.sys is the virtual memory or temp space for Windows. An approximate minimum would 10 MB. This amount might have to be increased for more complex scenes and animations. The maximum should be 10 MB or greater. To modify the Virtual Memory: Windows NT 4 = Right Click my computer. Click the performance tab. Click change. Click the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Windows 2000 = Right click My computer. Select the Advanced tab. Click Performance option. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Windows XP = Click Start. Right Click My Computer in the menu. Select Properties. Select the Advanced tab. Click Settings, next to Performance. Select the advanced tab. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Click the Custom size button. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Poser will now be able to render up to its maximum size of 4090 pixels x 4090 pixels @ any resolution ------------------------------------- I've tried that and found that it doesn't change anything at all. I don't have ANY paging file on the drive where Poser resides, so their explanation is totally moot. Only thing that fixes this for me is to defragment all my drives, including the one where Poser is. That always takes care of it. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis