Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 for OSX Now Available!

Curious_Labs opened this issue on Aug 07, 2003 ยท 79 posts

Penguinisto posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 2:21 PM

In all fairness, CL has been rather mum on the Mac port - none of the ungodly hype and froth that one found w/ the original release. It appears that CL may yet have learned it's lessons WRT pre-release marketing. Also, I don't expect the Mac version to be even a fraction as buggy, specifically because of the sameness found among Macs. They have one general type and architecture of CPU (as opposed to Pentium3/Pentium4/Celeron/Athlon/Duron/Cyrix), one very similar type of motherboard, memory type, video card handling, etc. Their software (OSX) is also fairly standardized, with only minor differences between them (as opposed to Windows 98/NT/ME/2000 Wkstn & Svr/XP/etc.) To top it off, there is only one manufacturer for Macs (and not Dell, Gateway, HP, Alienware, Homebuilts, etc.) To top it off, I strongly suspect that since Poser came from a native Mac codebase, the building and testing of P5 was most likely done on Macs, but ported to Win32 and grafted to a Win32 UI set once the core was finished. IOW, the Mac users will find it easier for P5 to work as advertised, and prolly better than the Intel users would. Note that this is not a sudden and ringing endorsement of Poser 5. Instead, I wanted to point out that in all fairness that Mac users stand a better chance of being satisfied with the results than the Wintel crowd did. /P