Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lightwave3D 6 vs. True Space4

lilmikee opened this issue on Jul 10, 2000 ยท 9 posts

Adonis posted Mon, 10 July 2000 at 10:09 PM

lilmikee, if I were in your situation (i.e. a college student) I'd go for TrueSpace4 for the time being. I've been using TrueSpace for about 5 years and it goes back to my freshman year in college when I first got my hands on TrueSpace2. IMHO, there's no better entry-level 3D package than TrueSpace and it's definitely the most bang for the buck. Moreover, it comes with a number of functions that you can only find in pricy packages such as 3D Studio MAX and what have you. What's more impressive about v.4 is it comes with Radiosity function (allows you to procude more realistic render in terms of lighting) that's available only as an expensive plug-in even for 3D Studio MAX R3. TrueSpace is very versatile tool and it has lots of room to grow in. It may not have all the bells and whistles that others have but I think it will take you a while to master bones, NURBS modeling, precision modeling, Organic modeling, and a number of other cool stuff. By no means I am saying LW6 is not a good choice but only if you could afford it.... Give it a chance. You won't regret it. (Oh, check out my work at gallery. I built most of the objects used in "Morning Solitude" in TrueSpace4 because it's just clean and easy.) Hope this helps. ^_^