Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: God the store is filling up with amature junk!

Mesh_Magick opened this issue on Aug 15, 2003 ยท 99 posts

dialyn posted Fri, 15 August 2003 at 4:25 PM

nop sence ???? I think all that was meant is that we each tend to be biased to think other things are not as high quality as the things we particularly like to purchase. I don't like fetish gear. I don't care how high quality it is, it wastes my time to view it becuase I have zero interest in it. Does that mean fetish gear is junk? No. It means it is junk for me but only for me...no matter the price, no matter the quality, because I personally would never buy it. Does that mean I expect it to be taken off the marketplace? No, because most people here want it and get excited for each dental floss harness that is issued. That's fine. I skip past the dental floss and go on to something that really interests me. I don't expect everyone to share my tastes, and I don't think things that are not to my taste are automatically junk to other people just because I don't happen to like them. You also have to take into account the level of ability each person has. When I started with Poser, I bought light sets. Why? Because I didn't have a clue how to set up lights in my graphics. Now, I probably wouldn't buy a light set. For one thing, there are wonderful free light sets available and, for another, I can set up my own to my satisfaction (may not look like much of an improvement to someone else but I don't do graphics for other people). Same thing with textures and models. I don't do either so I buy them. If I ever got to a point of being able to do either, I would probably buy less. Oh well. I have a limit to my talent. I don't hurt you by buying what I need that is something you think is beneath you. It's just a matter of different tastes and different needs. It really isn't that hard to pick out what you want and skip the rest. I like having a variety to choose from. Perhaps Renderosity needs to do more testing, but it is hard to get consistency from volunteers. I would like everyone to have three views of their products (three real views, not three of the same thing) because often times it is hard to get a sense of what the product is from just one. But after that, it is buyer beware. Vote with your money. If a vendor doesn't sell, I doubt if they will continue on the marketplace.