Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: God the store is filling up with amature junk!

Mesh_Magick opened this issue on Aug 15, 2003 ยท 99 posts

Treewarden posted Fri, 15 August 2003 at 5:01 PM

Question for the court here... Are the promos in the Product Showcase already copyrighted? Since you are showing items in a reproducable form does that constitute copyright? It seems like the item is not yet finished. What if someone has an earth-shattering idea that will be sort of out of the bag, so to speak, if they promo (not saying I do have such an idea). I always wonder about someone elso doing a "rip off" of something they see in the PC. I have heard that it is difficult to protect form. And from what I have seen it would be possible for someone to go hey that's a great idea and make their own pack or product. I know this happens in brick and mortar business all the time, so I suppose that is just healthy capitalist funtion.

I know of course that promos are good things and that the general spirit here is one of great generosity.

About lower quality items. We have to be very careful here. I imagine that modelers and texture makers that make our great film animation works these days would look at EVERY item sold here and at DAZ as>.... well you know where I'm going. We have to face the facts, Poser is a low end program we can all afford and it cannot model. Anything outside the scope of the primitives has to be modeled by someone. We can't make motion picture level stuff at all.
There is fantastic stuff out there though, and the people that need it are going to have to buy it if they can't make it. So we should allow anyone to sell their stuff as always. If renderosity can host it all, then it should be there.

I don't know for sure why my time looking at peoples stuff I don't want to buy should be enough reason to say they can't give it a try. Usually I can see from the product images what the deal is with the item.

Renderosity recommends all of the good suggestions of previous posters as far as looking at other products and free stuff and charge correct prices, and so forth.

Now as far as someone advertising a product that does not live up to their claims, that is a different story. However we all know of a certain product that did not live up to claims when it first came out. Now it works very well. How do we as customers get refunds from merchants when this happens? From what I can see we may not be able to. I may be wrong on that though. Doea Rosity have a return policy?