Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: God the store is filling up with amature junk!

Mesh_Magick opened this issue on Aug 15, 2003 ยท 99 posts

Tempus Fugit posted Fri, 15 August 2003 at 6:07 PM

I find that like with most things, the cream rises. You can generally spot good work from the thumbnails, but there are times that I've noticed an item that looked cool and wondered how on earth I missed it. I browse the new items everyday, and if I'm not paying good attention, I can overlook somthing I should have added to the wishlist. There's a lot of products to sift through, and not all of them are great, but everyone has to start somewhere. A new modeller could blossom into a better creator given time, but if they're squelched early on, they may get discouraged and give up. The comic book industry suffers from this in the form of the only major distributor, Diamond. To be listed in thier catalog, you must submit a finished book and be approved to be included. If you don't pass the scrutiny, you don't get to sell your book through the major channels (I know this, because I've published my own comic twice, and it was carried both times, but waiting on the thumbs up or down was kind of nerve-wracking). If an Internet marketplace has unlimited space, then there should be room for all. I'd rather have too much to dig through then not enough. -Jeff