Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: God the store is filling up with amature junk!

Mesh_Magick opened this issue on Aug 15, 2003 ยท 99 posts

ronstuff posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 12:24 AM

Well, if anybody gets this far down, here is my beef - some things in the marketplace are just BAD product - defective - don't work - don't render peoperly etc - I'm not talking about artistic preference at all - just technical quality. I have bought several such things, and I have always done the right thing by contacting the merchant, etc. The problem is most of the time, I get a polite email from the author saying "sorry, and update will come" yadda yadda. But the update never comes - and now, because I waited so patiently, I can no longer get a refund - but the item is STILL being sold to unsuspecting people who may not spot the problem untill they install and check the thing maybe weeks later. I think this is just WRONG and I want to at least WARN others that this product has a defect, but if I make such a comment (even if it is valid and made with sensitivity), the author simply does not show my comment on the product. While I don't want people to get flamed unnecessarily, I think that if an author has the right surpress negative comments, it MUST be subject to the approval of some independent person. If the comment is VALID it should be posted even if the author does not want it. This simple system would at least discourage some people from putting up things that they surely know is crap, and allow the rest of us the ability to at least trust the comments that we read by knowing that valid negative comments have not been surpressed. As it stands, knowing that authors can surpress any comment they wish, diminishes the value of the other comments to me.