Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: God the store is filling up with amature junk!

Mesh_Magick opened this issue on Aug 15, 2003 ยท 99 posts

ShadowWind posted Sat, 16 August 2003 at 8:12 PM

As a buyer, I tend to look for things that are off the beaten path. I don't agree that one should not make an item that may have a version in free stuff. And that such an item is unsellable, because the two lamps in free stuff may not be what I am specifically looking for to match my vision that the sold one is. There are plenty of free ships out there, but that didn't stop me from buying one, because it fit the vision better or it's useful due to it's material breakdown. For me, shopping consists of what items I can use in the most images, regardless of the artist, though I give greater weight to purchases by merchants who I know are good at what they do when deciding, but if it's something that will do the job, I'll buy from a new artist just as quickly.

To me, the following would be useful:

1> Full feedback (good or bad) posted unless the feedback is of a malicious and/or incorrect nature. How can the buyer know if what he's buying is good if all that the merchant displays is good reviews and no bad? If the merchant is any good, the product feedback should display that. At the very least, it would give a heads up on what to expect that may not be in the promo images.

2> If it's a model, the material/vertex breakdown would be very helpful as one of the promo screens. The reason for this is that products that can be broken down into individual parts which may have further uses (for instance, the wheel from Poserworld's ship and the Rigging from Pauli's were combined to get the look that I wanted). Such a breakdown (along with the polygon count) would help in knowing if products do so. I bought an item where I was told the items inside were movable and I took that to mean that they were separate props like the Great Hall by Daz, but in reality, they were all one prop and moving the items (grouping them) was a nightmare.

3> The improved search engine would be good too...

I look at the What's New everyday and honestly, I don't see the big backlog that you all are claiming. Even after being gone more than a week, it took about 20 minutes to catch up to see if there was anything I was interested in. No, I don't look at everything, because I'm not interested in everything, but what I am has always been easy to find if it's there at all.

I just wish there was more stand alone objects (models that have numerous purposes) and sets that are not designed for one render, but they seem to be harder and harder to find in the Marketplace.

ShadowWind