Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: popularity contest

blessed_isis opened this issue on Aug 18, 2003 ยท 63 posts

GabrielK posted Mon, 18 August 2003 at 10:33 PM

Re: popularity etc. it's not really a renderosity thing as much as it is something that happens anytime you have a community type environment. Some people are just more popular than others (for whatever reason). You find that here, you find it on other sites, and you find it in the real world. There's nothing inherently wrong with it and a lot of times that's just the way things work. As far as the gallery, well yeah, sometimes images get a lot of comments and viewings because it's done by someone who is "popular" around here. But then at the same time, a lot of those images really are well done (and yes, I suppose some of them aren't). Does that mean those images would get as many comments if they were done by a "stranger" here? Maybe, maybe not. Random thought: why are certain people popular here in the first place? Do they pay people off? Do they give stuff away generously? Do they just do good work and people notice? Heck, is it simply the result of having a cool username that attracts people? LOL I'm not sure I really have a point to make here. Just something to ponder. Or maybe I just like wasting bandwidth...