Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: popularity contest

blessed_isis opened this issue on Aug 18, 2003 ยท 63 posts

GabrielK posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 3:40 AM

Heh, had a feeling this wasn't gonna be one of those "3 reply" threads when I saw it. I'll just add that I pretty much agree with what xoconostle said about the popularity syndrome: ignore it if it bothers you. That works for a lot of stuff actually. The whole popularity syndrome thing...yeah, it's something that's definitely present and I do notice it, sure. But in the end, is it something that I really concern myself with? Not really. I'll post pictures occassionally, not to hear gushing praise but because I like fiddling with Poser occassionally and figure I may as well share some of the pics. Not really under any illusions about the level of my "art" but I figure if someone else likes it or thinks it's cool, then great. You know what though, it does seem like there are a LOT more people posting to the galleries these days. With people pressed for time and so much stuff to look at, a lot of folks probably just see what their favorite artists are up to and don't spend too much time on the "other" stuff.