Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone got the boudoir from Daz?

estherau opened this issue on Aug 19, 2003 ยท 9 posts

Exotica posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 12:52 PM

Hi Estherau: I'm sorry I did not get your email. Daz has not updated since I changed it. Regarding the Boudoir: Perhaps the ad should have been more clear in regards to the setup of the Boudoir. It was meant to say that all of the room props are pre-positioned, not the furniture itself. There were several reasons why it was done this way. If we had put all of the furniture in the pz3 it would have been much too large for people on dial-up access to download. This was one of our earlier products, and it was before we began stripping the object files to reduce file size. That's why we were able to include the props in the pz3 with the Venetian room, a later product -- the files were much smaller. Also, we felt that since there is no right or wrong way to set the furniture up, it would be easier for the user if the furniture loaded in the center, which would make it immediately visible; i.e., one wouldn't have to zoom out, rotate the camera, etc., just to find the prop to begin with. As RHaseltine suggested (and if I remember correctly is mentioned in the readme), you can position the furniture props easily by making the roof invisible. I hope this helps. Sincerely, Exotica