Forum: Fractals

Subject: Unfriendly

fraktal_freak opened this issue on Aug 19, 2003 ยท 95 posts

Rosemaryr posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 1:15 PM

Taking a risk of being flamed, and stepping into the question....

I was one of those who took a look at your pic "Thorns.." and left without commenting. Here's why:

First, your thumbnail is a typical Renderosity Poser gallery thumbnail--to be a bit crude, it's T-and-A. While that may have certainly garnered the viewing hits, the main reason that fractal artists would choose to look, would be to see how well the fractal integrated with the added elements. For many of us, that is of greater importance than looking at naked women.

Second, your public vehement explosion in reaction to the remarks posted are enough to turn me away. If you indeed have a problem with a critique, try using the R'osity IM feature and ask for a more complete explanation---if that is indeed what you desire. However, your reaction indicates that it is not.

Third, 'hanging out' may or may not be the route to gaining approval. I know that I certainly don't post messages or replies here in the Fractal forum as often as I should, but I do know that treating others with respect, not spite, is more likely to gain friendships--expecially online, where the written word is nearly permanent. Your message here, as well as your posting by your image, will create a lasting impression.

Think about it.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."