Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: popularity contest

blessed_isis opened this issue on Aug 18, 2003 ยท 63 posts

DigitalDreamer posted Tue, 19 August 2003 at 3:29 PM

4points I'd like to make: If you want loads of comments and to get a chance to win comps, make loads of nekked vicky pics!! The other 3 are on a more serious vein. Firtsly, if you limit to 1 a week, people who have several pieces of wip that finish around the same time are deprived of the opportunity of posting them. Some of us work that way in bursts..... post several pics in a short period, then nothing for a while. The second point concerns competitions. There has to be a way to stop people getting friends from outside of rosity to join just to vote for their pic in a comp. Perhaps a 'probationary member' category where for the first 30 days of membership you cant vote in comps. Finally, on the point of a critics corner. It would only be used by those peeps who dont mind constructive criticism now. Those who whine because someone rated their pic great rather than excellent wont post to it. Lets face it, the rating system is useless since 90% of people award excellents to every pic. I dont, and then get flamed for giving an honest rating; result? I dont rate pics very often anymore. RDNA, the attic and others flourish because rosity seems to have lost its way.. do we want that to continue?