Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P6 Wishlist

Odiemance opened this issue on Aug 20, 2003 ยท 48 posts

Treewarden posted Thu, 21 August 2003 at 1:40 PM

I like Poser 5 alot. I dumped 4 the day 5 came out. (or rather mailing time after the day it came out.) I must admit that there was alot of frustration with it. Now however I am glad to have it and am very happy with it. So, that being said, I will cut to it. Add a modeler. Add particle effects. Add physics/dynamics. Add liquid. Add way to bake hair, cloth, physics, and liquid dynamics to take away overhead. Add a graphic GUI to the depth of field feature for animation. Add a sky/cloud generator and a ground/terrain/cyclorama feature. Add path oriented animation for anything in the scene. Make the walkpaths 3D capable. Add footprint driven walk options. Add object snap. Add JCM squish to the figures for correct distortions for extreme poses. Add collision based morphs for footprints, furniture deformation, etc. Add all of the back bones/vertebrae to the figures. Add lots of new characters. Or, add unimesh capability. Add a morph room. Add a direct to DVD animation capabiity that automatically fits standard broadcast formats. Oh yeah, since I'm "wishing" here make it make me lose the weight I've gained sitting in front of Poser! But seriously, I know I'm asking for Maya/Max with lots of content, but some things might be possible and if Poser has the intended life span that the nice people from CL are saying it will have is true, then we have to tell them what we want it to do, and trust that the bugs can be worked out. I think that the advances gained even with some unfortunate side effects are worth the cost for growth. The program has a community, not a users group. The money I spent on Poser, all versions, is really small compared to how much I spent on stuff for the program. I'm really ready to cut CL some slack, and think long term for Poser 6.