Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anti-Poser People :(!!!

Baron_Vlad_Harkonnen opened this issue on Aug 25, 2003 ยท 120 posts

ChromeTiger posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 11:32 PM

To the 'elitist' anti-digital crowd: I am a digital artist. I don't use pencils, paints, inks, canvas, paper, or any other such media. I use pixels. I'm spending less overall on supplies, because I can use my software, my tablet, and my computer over, and over, and over again. Use your paint, it's gone, buy more. Finish that canvas? Buy another one. Brushes wear out? Buy more. My art doesn't hang in traditional galleries. I don't have gaggles of rich snobs hmmm-ing and hahh-ing over the merit of my work. I have regular everyday folks looking over what I love to do, and sometimes taking a print home with them. Can you say the same? I'm doing what I love, and making money. Are you? I appreciate all forms of artistic expression: oils, acrylics, pencil sketches, pen & ink, watercolor, sculpture, and yes, digital. Do you? There is no real art...no real artists. There is art, and there are artists. The medium is irrelevant. If you choose to ignore or belittle any art form, the loss is yours...not mine. "True art makes the viewer do one of three things: think, feel, or remember. If you can do this with your work, you are an artist." - Me David 'ChromeTiger' Hebbe Proud member of the Digital Artist Community