Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anti-Poser People :(!!!

Baron_Vlad_Harkonnen opened this issue on Aug 25, 2003 ยท 120 posts

ShadowWind posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 2:40 PM

You know, I don't remember where it was I saw Poser, I'm thinking it was Comdex or maybe even the Consumer Electronics Show in Orlando, many, many years back when it was Fractal Poser 1 and I thought then, "What is the point?" as I watched the guy open and close the dog's mouth. I wasn't really an artist then, but had dabbled in digital painting somewhat, but I hadn't realized then the uses it could have for being an artist reference, which is still true today.

I haven't really used the 3D programs as 2D references as of yet (though I've done some hybrid pictures with a figure from Poser and a figure in 2D), but it's something I'm interested in trying. I've seen some great examples of such.

dialyn,
I think everyone is an artist in their own way. That's not to say that everyone will be able to make it into the professional art market, but the creation of art is something that anyone with imagination and emotion can do IMO. On the other hand, you never know. Art is based on perception many times, rather than technical. Just look at the sales of art from the elephant that paints...

ShadowWind