Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anti-Poser People :(!!!

Baron_Vlad_Harkonnen opened this issue on Aug 25, 2003 ยท 120 posts

ShadowWind posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 6:32 PM

Dialyn,
And where can I find the test that will let me know if I am an artist, versus a dabbler? Whether you are genius or an athlete is very measurable in real life terms, and are generally not open to interpretation. However, in art there is no test, art is up to the perception of the viewer. If someone, anyone, thinks it's art, then it's art and thus the creator is an artist, whether one likes that brand or not or thinks it's deserved based on their perspective. I've seen so many works at art auctions that I wouldn't give a nickel for sell for $5000 or more, because perhaps in that viewer's eyes, the image speaks to them and therefore is art, at least to them.

BTW, for every DaVinci, there were hundreds of equally talented artists who didn't get any press to become famous, but we don't hear about those guys.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any delusions that my work is at the same technical level as many other artists such as j-art, Hobbit, racin-jason, lemonjim, to name a few. I just think that artists come in many forms and styles and that to create art is something that everyone can do. I think those that we drool over for their talent and artistic ability are Master Artists and I fully agree that not everyone (and even a very few) can reach that status, so no I don't think just calling someone an artist is belittling to those who are more advanced at the craft.

ShadowWind