Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How long before human actors are a dying breed?

maclean opened this issue on Aug 28, 2003 ยท 43 posts

maclean posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 6:11 PM

'I wouldn't waste 2 cents to go to the theater and watch laser projectionss of Poserlike dolls' Hey, I couldn't agree more. Just to elaborate here, I'm not advocating this as a great idea. I think it stinks, and personally, I'd rather spend an evening throwing up than pay good money to see on-screen meshes. But.... there's not much doubt that it'll soon be possible. Voices? Expression? All that will be synthed sooner or later. Good grief! All you have to do is look at the current state of music to see the way the wind's blowing. Sing? Write music? What's that? Do you have a good ass? THAT'S the big question. (Sorry - just been watching a truly dreadful Beyonce performance) Anyway, apart from LOTR, I've never yet seen a movie with CGI that didn't suck like a vacuum. Probably because they always blow the budget on the CGI and only remember to write a plot at the last minute. Mind you, I can think of dozens of 'actors' who might benefit from the CG treatment. Costner? He's a marvel of modern technology compared with Keanu Reeves! In fact, I'm surprised CL didn't base the Dork on Reeves. I'm all for the 'old brigade'. You know.... the ones who spoke lines that you could actually hear, instead of mumbling into their chests. (Depp is an exception - currently the best around). Ah well, maybe we'll have a Depp from DAZ in 10 years. Gotta go. Thunderstorm coming up fast. mac