Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How long before human actors are a dying breed?

maclean opened this issue on Aug 28, 2003 ยท 43 posts

dialyn posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 7:34 PM

Okay, when the Internet came along, everyone predicted the end of libraries because why would you need a building when the Internet opens the world to a computer. Yet attendance at libraries has gone up and people in the profession are now in demand as data miners (I kid you not). When ebooks came out, everyone predicted the end of the printed book, because why would anyone want to carry around a clunky old book when they could carry around a eletronic gadget. Please note that electronic book publishers are bailing out of the business and the print book industry is alive and well. The fact is despite some people's fascination with gadgets and electronics, a substantial number like the human touch. And until we've all been replaced by people who only want stereotypes to stare at, the actors will have jobs. Really. The demise of the actor has been greatly exaggerated, just as the death of the library and the burial of the printed book. Some times the old way really are good. What will happen is that the old and new will merge with neither disappearing completely but one absorbing the other. That's all for me. I'm off to dinner, face to face with a real human being. Gasp.