Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How long before human actors are a dying breed?

maclean opened this issue on Aug 28, 2003 ยท 43 posts

PapaBlueMarlin posted Fri, 29 August 2003 at 8:39 AM

IMHO, most of the current celebs out there are pretty artificial anyway so I don't think it would be a big difference ;) The jump to CG is bit harder than you think because you still need real people to make the characters' movements look believable. Also, voices are a big selling point for movies. That was evident in Shrek, Monsters Inc, etc. "I wouldn't waste 2 cents to go to the theater and watch laser projectionss of Poserlike dolls." CG models for the movies are done in Maya. The doll-like quality greatly depends upon where the creators are developing nude Vicki-types or real people. For example, look at Final Fantasy where so many of the supporting characters were more realistic than the lead female. I think eventually the push for CG will be to avoid paying actors such an exorbitant amount of money. Some how it hasn't caught on in our society the innate unfairness that entertainers can make in the upward millions while some of us working on advance degrees will just expect to scrap by.