Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question about the market for DAZ studio ( Not a Joke)

wolf359 opened this issue on Aug 30, 2003 ยท 75 posts

wolf359 posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 7:36 PM

"Another reason for DAZ|Studio being a positive addition to the market is that not everyone has the money for higher priced app's, like Cinema4D as Wolf359 apparently did. ;) It is true that the Poser market continues to keep it's price bubble from bursting into the prices of most of 3D content markets, and we at DAZ want to do our part to make our content accessible to as many people as possible." Well if you accept that the great majority of poser users will Download the free D/S basic pose figures and render still images then wheres the market for the paid version??? I ask because I spend alot of time in professional web forums for lightwave and cinema4DXl and those people want NOTHING to do with PZ3's or millenium figures for animation etc. and as far as us "12 animators" who animate in poser and render in C4D,LW or MAX, our next generation of plugins for poser import will ikely come from Reiss studio so if and when the $$paid version$$DAZ studio has Lightwave and MAX export why will we need to buy it??? I understand that Daz studio will provide an outlet to sell DAZ content but i really fail to see any Market potential for GROWTH OUTSIDE the existing base of poser users who already buy DAZ content.

My website

YouTube Channel