Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question about the market for DAZ studio ( Not a Joke)

wolf359 opened this issue on Aug 30, 2003 ยท 75 posts

Momcat posted Sat, 30 August 2003 at 7:58 PM

It may not attract existing high end application users, but it probabley will attract people who may not have thought about trying 3D art in the past because it is so costly. What it will do is attract more and more people to expand into 3D art. That's the whole point of it being "Tellware". It's a great marketing strategy. I, an existing Poser user, create a 3D image with a free application, that has the same attributes as an image created with a high end application. I am so excited about this program, that I tell everyone about it...and the best part as far as everyone is concerned? It's FREE! This makes 3D a more attractive medium because it is easily accessable to everyone. There will be some folks who don't care for it, but there will, hopefully, be even more that do. Getting your 3D feet wet with a free app is much more appealing than shelling out several hundred dollars just to see if you like it. If they do like it, they may want to improve their skills, or try new effects that would be available as plugins. It also takes a bite out of the learning curve to be able to purchase and learn one module at a time. It may also have a more user friendly interface. I'm REALLY hoping for that. I'm very intrigued by the realtime previews. I have Bryce 5. I bought it because I loved the images I saw created with it. I could see what kind of quality was possible. I hardly ever use it. I think I've created 2 images with it in the past 2 years. Why? Because I can't work blind. I need to be able to see what I am doing. You can't do that in Bryce OR Vue. AFAIK, you can't do that in most 3D applications. Can you do that in the high end apps? Can you see the results of your work as you do it?