Forum: Vue

Subject: Please...a straight answer from E-on

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 16, 2003 ยท 30 posts

jarm posted Wed, 17 September 2003 at 3:23 PM

Don't take offence here, these are my true feelings towards the company ONLY. Here we go... --- Sorry to be a pain Lynn, but that answer is totally evasive and almost geared to making us buy Pro or risk losing out of the special price. It's a valid question that was asked, will features such as the new solid growth, wind etc be in the standard edition? What kind of support can us, the regular users expect in the 'standard' version. If the only difference is 'professional' application integration, great, I'll stick with Esprit. If the Esprit line just becomes a 'poor man's Vue 4 Pro', then at least we know where we stand and upgrade if we wanted to. Let me put it another way. I bought Vue 3 and Vue 4, because of me, I know E-On also got some additional sales from people who were going to go for Bryce. God knows how many people have been steered E-On's way via the people in this forum alone, let alone 3DCommune and all the other places. To be frank, E-On owes the standard Vue users, E-On are where they are because of us, so E-On is getting some cash from the high-enders now, good luck, god bless, but don't shaft us in the process. Bryce is all but dead now, you have very little competition in this marketplace, don't shoot yourselves in the foot with us. If E-On gives two cents for Vue 4 users, how about this. If we, registered users of the standard version, wait for the new Esprit version and we realise it's missing stuff that Pro has that we want/need for our artwork, how about E-On honouring upgrade prices on Vue Pro at the special offer discount currently on offer. I and others are not willing to risk money on a feature set in Pro that that could be included in a lower price product just to help pay for 'professional' application integration. This whole affair has really got on my nerves, it happens all the time, end-users like us keep companies affloat until they have a big enough reputation to head for the big leagues and larger wallets (thanks largely to our hard work with the artwork) and in the process we get wrong footed. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. Best wishes Jody