Forum: Vue

Subject: Please...a straight answer from E-on

Dave-So opened this issue on Sep 16, 2003 ยท 30 posts

niandji posted Thu, 18 September 2003 at 8:10 AM

It just seems to me that e-on have handled the whole thing in a half-assed way. Its great that they are promoting their new shiny baby while promising continued commitment to their core users the hobbyists, but what does that commitment amount to? A limited time reduced rate offer to upgrade to the Pro version, and minimal information about what is intended for the next incarnation of Esprit. As far as Im concerned, the value for money aspect of Vue Pro compared to the high end Apps is incidental. What concerns me is the value for money aspect of Vue Pro compared to Esprit now. As it stands, when we are in position to compare a future Vue Esprit upgrade to Vue Pro, Pro is gonna cost $100 more than now. All the while, weve got E-on and the great and the good of the Vue community telling us how brilliant (and flawless!) Pro is. Im not questioning that, BTW. But its been the main topic of conversation on this board and others since the announcement, and it just seems that no one in the Power Vue camp seems to grasp the cautious hobbyists argument. How about this If E-on are committed to their existing customer base, as it appears, why not keep the Pro upgrade offer in place until they are ready to make a statement about Vue 5? They would surely ship more units at $299 rather than $399 if they did that, anyway. Just my two pence worth no offence intended.