Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue Pro to LightWave Question

Knuckle Martin opened this issue on Sep 19, 2003 ยท 25 posts

Fillingim posted Mon, 22 September 2003 at 9:19 AM

After tweaking some settings in Lightwave this is the image that I obtained. Somethings I did: 1. I used MixedNuts idea for the sphere about using the Bump UV map in the Reflection channel and inverting it. 2. For the water surface I used a diffuse of 40%, a Specularity of 20%, Glossiness of 10%, a Reflection of 30% and a Transparency of 2%. 3. I used SkyTracer for the sky. I noted that the Light position imported apparently is for that of the default of Lightwave. So my shadows are different than what Gebe got in Vue above since I used SkyTracer Second thing I noted is that UV map for the Land Object appears to be rotated by 180 degrees so the brown shading, that is just below the tree in Gebe's image from Vue above, is on the wrong side of the island and not seen in my Lightwave render. Third, it took 9 minutes to render this scene in Lightwave ... I really think it is that this is pretty good of a render time considering that there is so much transparency in it. Finally I just finished purchasing Vue Professional! Fillingim 4.