Forum: Vue

Subject: Terragen vs Vue vs Bryce / PC vs Mac

entica opened this issue on Sep 26, 2003 ยท 11 posts

Hilt posted Sat, 27 September 2003 at 1:51 PM

I recall the days when there was a verbal fight between Amiga 500 and Atari ST users, especially in UK but also here in Finland. Which one was better? Noone knows but both had their fans for reason. 15 years after that it is PC vs Mac. And I like it :D The only thing that prevents me from getting a Mac, I think, is the price. Personally, Macs look great and OSX can handle mousewheel and other best parts of PCs, but the design doesnt lower the price for sure. I have a dream that one day Apple would start manufacturing Macs as chips you can install into regular PC-box (or vice versa would be nice too). ("forget the ridicilous loading of OS from harddrive!", the ads yell.) Remove the Mac-chip and replace it with PC-chip if you're in windowing. Or have them both in your machine at the same time -there are cellular phones that take two SIM-cards too :D That's my vision of perfect computing world. Till that kind of innovation hits the markets I stick with my cheap-but-powerful-PC and secretly envy anyone who has more-expensive-but-powerful-and-beautiful-laptop-Mac. But both are still ridicilously expensive and crashy pencils:)