Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: POSER 6, WHEN IS IT COMMING - P6 WHISH LIST

kim258 opened this issue on Sep 29, 2003 ยท 56 posts

Tempus Fugit posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 4:37 AM

I use P5 daily, and it's been a big frustration. Too many times I've had to compromise a scene I want to build because of render problems. I would have to reluctantly buy P6 if and when it comes out, hoping for more stability, but CL will have lost a lot of goodwill making me pay to fix something that should have been done right from jump. P6 should include some expected advancements in technology, and not just clean up the mess made by P5. Daz Studio is a very valid issue in this discussion, because good or bad, for the first time, Poser will have some competition. I was impressed with what they did in Mimic, and making the core module free makes it a sure thing to try out. If Daz can come out with a piece of software that the masses are happy with, we won't have to buy P6 to clean up P5. I don't use Don or Jusy because I have Mike & Vicki. I rarely use dynamic hair and cloth because it takes too much time and effort to get something I like out of it. I don't use the face room because I don't use Don & Judy. I don't use Content Paradise because need Poser to be a browser. I don't use the set-up room (but I think it's a valid inclusion for content builders). What I DO want in Poser is to be able to put a bunch of figures in a scene, add some moderate lighting and some reflections, hit the render button and KNOW it's going to finish. My hardware is closer to the top end, and it would be nice if the software was too. I don't think anyone here wants to "grind Poser into the ground". We all love the product, but P5 was a disapointment that still has a long way to go make up for lost goodwill. Talk of P6 can bring up some bad feelings if it's not much more than a service release you have to pay for.