Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: POSER 6, WHEN IS IT COMMING - P6 WHISH LIST

kim258 opened this issue on Sep 29, 2003 ยท 56 posts

timoteo1 posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 11:00 AM

"And I should point out, Vue when I bought it recently, worked pretty much out of the box as stated. My only big problem was Open GL not working well." Turning off OpenGL, I found out the hard way, is a must. Vue is very close to being a great app, especially for still artists. But for animators, it has a few serious shortcomings. Especially if you want to use Poser animations with it -- which is EXACTLY WHY I bought it. After importing all but the simplest of Poser scenes, the timeline becomes so unresponsive as to be unuseable. Also, the workspace (with the timeline open) becomes nearly as unresponsive. How peole like Phoul can crank out those gorgeous Poser-centric animations from Vue, I have no clue. They either have the patience of a saint, or something is seriously wrong with my Vue installation or setup. So, that coupled with the lack of OpenGL, and a few other annoyances -- like it orientating instead of rotating things, the non-standard axis, and it's inability to play nice with other apps running, no graph editor for spline curves, etc., no auto-key toggle, no ease-in/out toggle, etc -- that make me feel like I wasted my money ... as an animator. -Tim