Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: M3 SR1 Errors: Shoulder, Underarm, and Elbows

BastBlack opened this issue on Oct 01, 2003 ยท 29 posts

Jaager posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 2:38 PM

Restore figure - is a different function. It just looks at all of the initValue data and sets the keys for all channels to this value. You can make this initValue whatever you want by using the Memorize function and saving the cr2. Memorize affects the initValue. With a couple of exceptions, every variable in a CR2 is open to adjustment by a pose file. Generally speaking, you do not want to change the MATsphere settings for an extreme pose, but the exclusion zones can stand adjustment. Sometimes bulges can be adjusted with effect. What you do is use the JP editor to make the adjustments and save the cr2. You then open the original and the changed cr2 files in a text editor and find the line(s) that are different. I think - for the exclusion zones it is just one line with four numbers in the rotation channel. Some things also show up in the same rotation in the parent group so look there too. You make a pose file with just the lines that are changed. One pose with the default - for restore One pose with the change. The change can be pasted into the POSpose to make the change automatic. The restore you can have separate or pasted into a restore pose that zeros the rotations also. You want your JP changes to affect both sides. P5 has a symmetry function that copies the new JP to the mirror groups. P4 also has it - but the buttocks get ignored - if I remember correctly. Also, for me - P4 Joint editor tends to freeze if you try to do a second joint. P5 is stable. The golden rule with pose files is - If you do not want to change it, leave the line for it out. That is, you do not duplicate the whole channel in a pose file, you only have those lines you actually want to change. Right now, I think there is one awful exception to this: P5 MATposes containing node data. They are all or none. Either have everything, or only have what is in a P4 MATpose.