Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

arcady posted Tue, 01 August 2000 at 2:08 PM

I'd rather it not be something devious myself since I truely do love the Poser application. Has this been posted at PFO, the mailing list and the newsgroup as well? As for me; I still plan to research into the IP numbers it gave in my logs. But so far all I've come up with is that that is the broadcast IP address. I believe it is normally used for Lan traffic but I'm not sure. I like to have technical proof. Current events have shown us recently many efforts by online businesses to raid our desktops and our privacy. Some of these have results in legal challenges. As a result of that the user base is growing very wary of anything that even remotely seems like a security issue. Modern company's need to address this upfront and in very direct language with accompanying technical details were appropriate in order to gain or regain the trust of a suspicious public. Big Brother is not coming in the form of jack-booted government agents. But a more subtle corporately branded big brother concept is a potentially legitimate fear these days.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery