Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

Legume posted Tue, 01 August 2000 at 10:58 PM

Coop, thanks for taking the time to clear this up for everyone. The timing was a bit unfortunate, what with y'all being away in N'awlins at Siggraph, and folks panicked when they didn't get an immediate response. Folks around here seem to get themselves whipped into Chicken Little mode pretty quick, and they've had the better part of a week to lather up. To everyone who doesn't know Coop: Steve Cooper's a pretty straight-up guy, and if he says that this was NOT some devious plot, well, dammit, I believe him just as I would Jack or Ed. Right now his whole future is riding on the success of the upcoming Poser 5, and he deserves our support; if it weren't for the hard work of Steve Cooper and Larry Weinberg, there wouldn't be a Poser, and thus no Renderosity.com for us all to come and hang at. And I'd hazard a guess that the majority of us wouldn't even be able to create Jack Shit if it weren't for Poser. For those of you who say you won't do business with them, let's all see what tune you sing when you see all the cool shit folks will be making with Poser 5 when it hits the stores ;] Steve's explained the situation satisfactorily, he's apologized for the misunderstandings, and that's good enough for me. Thanks, Steve, yer awright. Save me a copy of 5.