Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Room Creator - 9 months work finally up at DAZ

maclean opened this issue on Oct 10, 2003 ยท 29 posts

maclean posted Fri, 10 October 2003 at 7:56 PM

BastBlack, I cross-posted with you. The best way to answer your questions would be for me to send you the Help File. This is something I asked DAZ to do, but they forgot. I wanted the Help File to be available for download for anyone who wanted more information. I always think it's is a big help if people can read about something before they buy it. Anyway, if you (or anyone else) wants it, mail me at maclean@libero.it and I'll send it (500kb). In the meantime.... 'Can a door or window be placed anywhere and the glass still be transparent or the door still open?' Yes. This is one of the main features. Each wall has 6 positions for doors and windows, (making a total of 36 including the inner walls). In each position, a door or window becomes part of the wall. A cutout in the wall is switched off and a 'fill' in the door or window is switched on, making it part of the wall. The positioning and switching on/off is all done with one-click SET files (something like MAT files). 'put a door on the ceiling or stairs that go nowhere' Sorry, that's not possible. Although you could do it by using a transparency map to create the space for the door/window in the ceiling. 'Are there crown moldings, baseboards, and bay windows?' You'd need to explain what crown moldings are. Baseboards? Do you mean skirting board? The wood that runs around the bottom of the walls? If so, yes. Every wall has skrting board. I'm currently building a bay window for the next Expansion Pack. 'Could a custom room be built, (like a character with morphs and textures), and then saved as a Mat Pose that can be shared with others?' Yes, a custom room can be built and saved, either in the library as a multiple figure, or as a .pz3 file. A MAT-type pose file (what I call SET files) would be possible, but since a room is built of many different figures, you'd need to do a MAT for each one. 'Does the room creation tool have more in common with a posable character than a stand alone prop?' Um.... I hope I'm not being misleading calling it Room Creator, since it's not a 'tool' in the sense of software. I mean, it doesn't magically 'generate' a room for you. You build a room using the basic walls, setting the configurations, then adding the door and window figure and placing them where you want them. It's a highly flexible pack, but it does take time and it's more like dressing a character and adding the accessories. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions. mac