Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

brycetech posted Wed, 02 August 2000 at 2:57 AM

well..I dont give a rats ass what its doing or not!!! a trojan horse is defined by any hacker worth the lead to write his name as: "any program that is that does harm OR monitors a system without user knowledge" you did not tell me it was there! and the current dl does not either! and why was my posted comment to the main page not posted?...ok to to have an opinion about this as long as its not negative? my site has been updated to show whats happening and the users can contact you directly for whats happening. btw...I do not appreciate ANYONE calling my concerns about any kind of "Big Brother" activity 'silly' or not founded. I wash my hands of this now and will not support Poser anymore. The current BtoP tute may be removed (gotta consider the Brycers first) and the one that removes the mystery about the creation of poser characters for anyone will not to be finished (you saved me some work)! IF you think me silly..read all the uproar that the disclosure of the adlink tech that cuteftp and such impose. I will stick to p4 and be happy. Sometime in the future when I find that things have changed then ok..but for now...nah..too much for this girl. and to quote my index page: **************************************** Two parents stand graveside...parent one says to parent two..."My little Johnny didn't know the gun was loaded..I'm terribly sorry" Parent two says: " That's OK, at least he knows now." **************************************** Granted the attack on our computers was not as drastic, the illustration above serves only to illustrate that sometimes "sorry" is not enough.... oh..and just because everyone else does it..does not make it ok! its your bed..lay in it... debbie PS those that know me...KNOW I do not use my name anymore in posts...so you have evidentally hit a NERVE!