Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Room Creator - 9 months work finally up at DAZ

maclean opened this issue on Oct 10, 2003 ยท 29 posts

maclean posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 9:31 AM

'I guess I should ask if there will be a "lift" rather than an "elevator" in the expansion packs' LOL. If there was one, it would be an elevator, not a lift. Even though I'm scottish, I tend to use american words and spelling most of the time (american spelling is much more sensible). It comes from spending half my life living and working with americans. Mind you, 'crown moldings' and 'baseboard' threw me for a minute. Anyway, I hadn't planned on an elevator, but there will be a 'mezzanine' pack. It'll include staircases and mezzanines (semi-upper floors) and probably an entire upper floor. I've been collecting pics of staircases and have some great ones. (They're so cool to model). One thing I always wanted to make was a staircase based on the one in Florence by Michaelangelo. I saw it years ago when I was working with an architectural photographer and I never forgot it. It's what they call an 'invading staircase'. It flows into the room like lava. Big, wide, convex steos that come right up to the doorway. Totally cool. So that one will definitely be in. Another possibility I'm considering is a series of packs based on the same system, each one being a stand-alone pack. They would be things like Room Creator Office, Disco, Gymnasium, Hotel Lobby, etc. In other words, different environments with all the props and accessories to make them complete. The Office one could certainly use an elevator. I'm designing everything so that eventually, all these packs will integrate with one another. So you can take a door from 'Office' and use it in another pack. Just gimme some time to beat my computer into submission and get on with it. mac