Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

casamerica posted Wed, 02 August 2000 at 7:36 AM

It ain't a case of having to "...kiss the collective butts of the users of this forum." It's a case of alleviating the concerns, the UNDERSTANDABLE concerns, of those CUSTOMERS who have purchased YOUR product. Especially when those concerns were caused by an admitted failure on the developer's part! And it isn't "...demoralizing." It is called good customer relations. And it would not matter one ounce of doggie putty if it was "...a couple hundred bucks..." or a couple thousand or just a ten spot! Paying customers have a right to know what you are putting on their system. Steve has acknowledged that and apologized for CL's failure, an honest mistake it appears, to disclose. So before everyone starts trying to one up each other in some kind of "I'm the Most Loyal Curious Labs Customer" competition, understand where we, I believe someone called us "...knee-jerk reactionaries..." elsewhere, were coming from. And remember it the next time someone like a Radiate, NetZip, Double-Click, AOL or some other "trusted" or "respected" company does, in fact, betray your trust and invade and infest your system. Okay. Unless I find something to contradict what Steve has told us when we tear 4.03 apart I am through with this thread. I refuse to let anyone ruin the fun I have in this community just because we disagree on what should have been said or done in regard to a potential privacy-security risk. Take care and Godspeed.