Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

jval posted Wed, 02 August 2000 at 10:49 AM

Brycetech, I am sorry if using your real name offended you. I only did so because, contrary to your words, it did appear in your message. Nor did I intend to call you or your fears silly. I thought I clearly mentioned that I was also caught up in this thing. It is just that my previous experiences with Steve Cooper & the Poser team were sufficiently positive that I was not prepared to become unduly concerned just yet. You are correct in your definition of trojan. However, it is usually preceded with the word "malicious". As this patch attempts to enforce the program license but makes no attempt at punitive reprisal I do not view it as a trojan. But then, I'm not a hacker so what do I know? You are certainly entitled to your opinions, as I am entitled to mine. I tried to reply to you in a civil manner and regret that you appear to think I was making light of your concerns or dismissing them. That was not my intent. I am the type who needs more than a single incident before I fully trust someone. Likewise, I need more than a single incident before complete distrust sets in. This does not mean I do not lock my doors whenever I leave home :-)