Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Wed, 02 August 2000 at 4:02 PM

To Steve Cooper: I appreciate the honesty and your news release regarding the situation. I would've been disappointed had we not received one and can understand the length of time that it took in which to look into it and come up with an answer. To everyone (including Steve Cooper): Is there a need for this kind of check on Poser? Most definately, we have all been in the forum's and seen the amount of "warez" requests that come in. There is already one circulationg out there for the Poser Pro Pack, piracy is very real, and finding ways to overcome it (like shoplifting) always effects the customers who pay, it's sad, but a fact of life. Also, the idiom holds true: "Locks are only made to keep honest people honest"... Renderosity would not be what it is if not for the Poser Program, but it will never mean me getting on my knees and kissing ass as someone suggested, BUT what I will do is offer myself and all of my resources to insure that things turn out for Poser and help to insure it survival. Am I satisfied with the explanation, for now, yes I am. I do have some questions regarding some things, but those are between me and the parties involved and only meant for personal satisfaction. Which is to be expected, after all, I have had hackers use Port 80 on my machine reformat my hard drive... so after being screwed by one, we tend to be wary... don't fault people for that... that too, is life. Just my thoughts Jack