Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4.0.3 Serial Number Checking

kupa opened this issue on Aug 01, 2000 ยท 63 posts

brycetech posted Wed, 02 August 2000 at 7:14 PM

signing my name above was simply my way of saying this is the creator of Brycetech and I do not in any way/shape/form or fashion support this kind of "behind the scenes" stuff. I do not disagree with curious wanting their logo, upgrades, whatever in the poser program. Heck they own it! If Id have paid big bucks for a program, Id want some return fast too. BUT not at the expense of the loyal users of the program. Ive said it before, poser is probably the #1 used program in association with Bryce. In my experience, anyone that uses poser has a "love/hate" relationship with it...but people still buy it and make very intriguing images with it. I would never say that there is no need for some kind of guard, my concern is this wasnt announced. ever heard the saying: once burned, twice shy ? so I guess this all spawns from a similar experience to Jack's where I have been attacked by people getting into open ports and scanning my stuff. One time a person called me by name and they had no idea what it was!...they just read it from my computer. it was mentioned above very eloquently... a few short paragraphs could have averted this whole deal. kupa did email me personally about this and I find that very nice indeed...at least an attempt to do some damage control from the president of a company does show a little caring about the customer. BT