Forum: Vue

Subject: Nice picture comments and harsh critics

Tintifax opened this issue on Oct 14, 2003 ยท 24 posts

wabe posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 8:16 AM

100% agreed. But again. The discussion should not be restricted to comments to images but about the nature of this forum in general. I had thought about starting a thread like this as well. Subject "give and take". Demand for comments, rankings, etc, especially when they are combined with complains about others are simply not a good style. Full stop. And before you can expect anything, you should be giving something. And when it's only nice and gentle words. Like in every community you can't walk in and expect everything from the first moment on. I am here now for one and a half year and i still think that i am a sort of a newbie in this forum and therefore can't expect too much. Interesting enough, the more i comment and help others here, the more comments i get back - "GIVE AND TAKE"! Beside all these images things, the forum is to exchange (again: EXCHANGE) ideas, thoughts and know-how. I don't think that we are a sub-division of E-on's support nor are we a free art forum. Therefore i hate threads starting with "i need this information...". Especially when those people are simply too lazy to search or look into the backroom! And i hate people attacking others and/or their work. Mostly to get some attention or simply to terrorize others. Like rmuller. Had all to do with getting attention. An idea i had (after last weeks experience - and the ones happening earlier this year) was, to define special times where people who needs it can do their "terror attack". Friday between 6 and 12 am for example. Then everybody who needs that can be online and the attack is over quickly for the rest who don't want that. I simply wanted to wait till Gebe is back from her holidays. I am sure that she has a lot to say to that as well - and it is good for such a basic discussion to have the moderator beside so that it can't become to heavy.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.