Forum: Vue

Subject: Nice picture comments and harsh critics

Tintifax opened this issue on Oct 14, 2003 ยท 24 posts

YL posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 1:07 PM

In fact I just wanted to say, if someone don't ask for comment, maybe the picture was exactly what he wanted... As said above, other artists can say "You should try a blue sky, you should add a yellow stone,..." But the creator is the only person knowing what he wanted. Such design, such style,... That's not the same if someone ask for advice and criticism, that means he doesn't know exactly what he want to do, we can put constructive ideas... Stopping the comments is an other solution, although very very frustrating when there is a beautiful picture, I can not add my "waow it's beautiful" comment. Which may appear to be simple, but at least it's truth. So that's not a good solution. My point of view is I don't ask for advice, I always know what I want, even if my picture is not perfect I know where are the defects. But if someone want to add comments he is always welcomed, whatever is the constructive content No excuses for bad comments, I think we could write a thesis on the art of good comment ;=) Yves