Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Yet another "is it art?" thread.

PJF opened this issue on Oct 16, 2003 ยท 57 posts

Poppi posted Fri, 17 October 2003 at 10:11 AM

rockets said: For all the people that ask the question "is it art", I suggest you try putting together an image using countless obj.'s, lighting the scene, setting up the cameras, rendering to the size needed and then putting the final touches on using a paint program. There is a real talent needed to do the above and I personally count it as art. It's too bad people can't sit back and enjoy the beauty that the ARTIST has created instead of picking everything apart. i agree, here. to me, it takes so much work to set up a pic even using the models of others in poser, that i basically have put poser aside. to me, in another app, building the model, and texturing it, etc., takes no longer than finally getting a poser render that i like. (and posts to other galleries don't get buried in 15 minutes.) to me, poser is hard. period. and, to me, perhaps alone, it is not really worth the effort, anymore. i don't know if it is or isn't "art"....guess that would depend on who created it and how skilled they are at their craft. my bird builds little stacks of his water and food dishes, assorted plastic lids and paper shreds daily. he thinks they rock, but, i don't consider them art, either.