Forum: Vue

Subject: Alternatives to rendering in VuePro?

lululee opened this issue on Oct 17, 2003 ยท 24 posts

megalodon posted Sat, 18 October 2003 at 2:53 PM

Okay Gaussian... Hoow abooout a more recent program to compare... how about Lightwave 6.0? Cost at the time was retail $2495 and it was far buggier than Vue4Pro is right now. Newtek rewrote alot of the base code and I'm sure E-On did to create "trees swaying in the breeze." And as far as E-On releasing programs with "too many bugs" as you say, I found the release of Vue 3 rather bug-free. I didn't have any problems with it. So... obviously your statement above it YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it. I think that Wabe was trying to say is... why bother to say anything at all? If you want to voice your opinion start another thread. Your response has nothing to do with the rendering time issue and everything to do with bashing E-On. Since you've already made up your mind and can't be convinced otherwise... really, why bother to even say ANYTHING? Just want to vent? And as Smallspace stated above, his rendering time for what he had in his scene didn't seem that bad. What other software have you used that can render scenes with millions of polygons faster? It's okay too have your opinion, but instead of just saying that E-On releases buggy software, why don't you list your bugs through the the years instead of just saying that all of their software is released buggy? I personally think that Wabe's comparison of PhotoShop was valid - just because it was quite a while ago doesn't make it any less so. But that's YOUR opinion and not mine. This is MY opinion. Megalodon