Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Photo realism debate!!

N1PPON opened this issue on Oct 20, 2003 ยท 62 posts

N1PPON posted Mon, 20 October 2003 at 9:46 AM

I think there is a debate, whether or not using photos to enhance realism detracts from the 'straight out of poser' render. It seems alot of people in the poser community have issues with people using photographs etc to enhance standard poser renders. I think that if you have a vision you should use whatever recources you want to create it. The reason i posted this topic is because I started getting Instant messages from people saying that my images were just photo montages. This is untrue because its only small elements that are enhanced with photos. I make my textures as realistic as possible so that the render that comes out of poser is as real as a poser render can be. I then take my images into photoshop and add to the elements that are lacking in realism. This is usually the hair as real hair in poser is extremely hard to create. I post my images in the poser gallery because the base image is made in poser. People should seriously look at an image for what it is and not be concerned with how much of it was made in poser.